|Aquasana EQ-300 Whole House Water Filter|
Click here to save on the Aquasana EQ-300
What's In Our Water
Chlorine was introduced into public water systems over a century ago to kill microorganisms and bacteria that caused disease such as Hepatitis E, Legionella, typhoid, etc. While chlorine has been effective in combating and eliminating these diseases here in the US chlorine and its byproducts, trihalomethanes (THMs) and haloacetic acids (HAAs) are very harmful carcinogens that can increase the risks of bladder, kidney and rectal cancer.
Microbiological organisms in drinking water: Can cause gastrointestinal illnesses, legionnaire's disease and nausea. E.g of such organisms are cryptosporidium and giardia lamblia.
Inorganic chemicals: Potential health effects include learning disorders, kidney and liver damage. Examples of inorganic compounds are copper,lead and fluoride.
Inorganic chemicals in water : Potential health effects include learning disorders, kidney and liver damage. Examples of inorganic compounds are copper,lead and fluoride.
Organic chemicals in drinking water: Potential health effects include, Eye, kidney and liver damage as well as increased risk of cancer. Organic compounds include benzene, carbofuran and lindane.
How Does The Aquasana EQ-300 Work
- The Aquasana EQ-300 is a 4 stage filtration system that is UL-certified to comply with NSF (National Sanitaion Foundation) standards.
- Stage 1 is a 5-micron sediment prefilter that uses replaceable cartridges to remove any particles larger than 5 micron. By removing sediment from water, this filter will also significantly prolong the life of the main filter unit.
- Stage 2 uses a patentent zinc/copper mineral media (KDF) that filters out chlorine.
- Stage 3 enhances taste and clarity with bituminous activated carbon (charcoal), which is one of the most widely used and recognized technologies for water filtration.
- Stage 4 uses high-grade coconut shell carbon, that provides very large contaminant absorbtion capacity.
Aquasana EQ-300 Installation
Aquasana EQ300 comes complete with main filter unit, pre-filter, installation kit, shut-off valve and required hardware. The Rhino requires only 45" of vertical clearance and has a diameter of 9" at the base. Typical installation is 1-2 hours by a licensed plumber, and is usually done in your basement, garage, or hot water heater closet. Rhino can also be placed outside in regions where temperatures don't drop below -10°F.
Aquasana EQ-300 Specs
- Flow rate: 8 gpm (gallons per minute)
- Filtration Capacity: 300,000 gallons certified capacity
- No backflushes and no wasted water
- 4-stage filtration process
- Manufacturer-backed, 90-day Satisfaction Guarantee
- 99% UL-certified chlorine reduction capacity
- 3/4" IN/OUT water line diameter, 1" is available upon request
- Good for homes up to 3200 sq.feet
- Cleaner pipes – no rust or scale buildupRemoval of bad taste and smells in the water
- Cleaner indoor air quality – Unfiltered water can cause elevated levels of chloroform gas in the house due to vaporization of chlorine and other chemicals from tap and shower water.
- Cleaner laundry
- Improved health – Besides the benefits of not drinking toxins and pollutants, you will also benefit from no longer breathing the bad vapors which have been suspected to cause and irritate infant respiratory problems, asthma, bronchitis and allergies.
- Less buildup on plumbing fixtures due to lime scale elimination.
With the economy in a flux and local government cutting back on spending your familys welfare is at risk. If there is any doubt about your local water quality then the Aquasana EQ-300 may be just what you're looking for.